Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year...Same ol' Me

This is not, I repeat, not a list of New Years Resolutions. I have resolved to stop writing them, they never work. The 5 pounds I resolved to lose last year have now doubled to 10 pounds. The scriptures I resolved to read BEFORE I read anything else have stopped in 2 Nephi, but I did manage to read my favorite sequels "Odd Hours" and "Breaking Dawn". My journal, that I was going to faithfully write in, only one got entry in it last year, Chelsea's wedding, and that was WAY back in January. My closets are still not clean, my storage room still not organized, my Kohl's card still not paid off. So this year, I'm going to set goals that I know I'll be able to reach so I don't feel like such a failure at the end of the year.
I am going to eat any left over cake, one fork bite at a time, everytime I walk past it.
I am going to read books that have no eternal value, but take me to a happy place.
I am going to overstuff my closet with clearance clothes from Kohls.
I am going to stop weighing myself.
I am going to hug my husband and kids everyday and shower them with kisses, while they still let me.
I am going to learn to master a musical instrument, on Rock Band.
I am going to become a professional singer, on Sing Star.
I am going to learn a new joke, and remember it long enough to repeat it.
I am going to laugh a little more, cry a little less (yeah right) swing dance on the kitchen floor to Michael Buble, and learn to take pleasure in the simple things of life.

Wow, this non-resolution goal setting really works. I have already accomplished 4 of my goals. I'd be feeling pretty good about myself, if it weren't for that darn cake!

4 comments:

Susan said...

I completely agree Linda. New Years is such a let down, thinking back on all things not accomplished and looking forward to another year full of who knows whats! And to top it all off, the empty feeling and dark drab corners now not lit or decorated with Christmas, it's all so sad!

V and Co. said...

my kids usually don't get on my bed, i don't know what i've done right but i'm sure that will all change once the husband gets back and lays all over my decorative pillows! ;)

Faund Images said...

I love reading what you've written! You are so talented! You make me laugh and get a little sentimental... I like your attitude about this next year, with the theme being "ENJOY" it! Just as our prophet says, "Find joy in the journey"... I'm going to make a list that will bring me joy... LOVE YOU!

Jenna said...

wow that was really great, you write really well.... i hear you on so many of your nonresolutions...:)