Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tis the season to be...sick. falalala.



My husband thinks I'm crazy that I start watching my favorite Christmas movies in October/November. I admit, I always thought I was a little over anxious for the season to begin, so thought perhaps that's why I pull out my DVD collection a bit premature. But this year, while having an AHA moment, I realized my subliminal mind knew all along what it was doing when it craved to see Tim Allen in his silky red pj's, which by the way, I own a pair just like it, only mine don't have the initials SC embroirdered on them, but their still just as festive!




Anyway, my AHA came as I realized I had only watched one christmas movie thus far in the season, the new Jim Carrey's "A Christmas Carol". As I was trying to figure out how I was going to fit in all 10 of my favorite christmas shows in only 18 short days, that's when I realized...this is why I start watching so early...so I can get them all in. heck, even just 2-3 would be great at this point.




This month is always so busy, and every year I vow to start preparing earlier so I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the month of December without feeling all the rush and busi-ness that comes with it. I thought I was doing pretty good too. We had our annual Sister Candy Day on December 1st, and my visiting teaching all done by the 3rd. But every night brings something new. Birthday dinners for Chelsea and my mother in law, family night, RS dinner, Trey's choir concert, Tary's work party, my work party, ward christmas party, family christmas party...and I still need to bake goodies for the neighbors!




Is it any wonder that my body has said, ENOUGH! Unfortunately it has rebelled. I'm home sick today. Forced to slow down by a cold. And yet oddly enough, I still haven't squeezed in a good movie. I slept in till 10, (that felt wonderful) wrapped all the presents while the kid is in school, read a short little christmas book, and now I'm blogging. In an hour I'll be at the church, helping set up for the Relief Society Christmas dinner, but believe me...as soon as it's over, I'll be in my silky red pajama's with my Nyquil and blankie, and cuddled up with Santa Clause.




...and to all a good night!


2 comments:

Faund Images said...

Oh you are so darn cute! Sorry you're sick... I'm thinkin' the silky red pajamas might make a fun photo shoot! HAHHAAA!
...well go curl up with a good book, good movie or Santa and enjoy. ;o)

GGMa said...

Sorry you got sick. I hope you are better by now. Haven't looked at your blog for a while. I enjoyed it you always have such a great way expressing yourself. I still think you should write a book.