Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This is dedicated to the one I love

Just a shout out to all my favorite March Birthdays! My Dad, sister Wendy, Bro-in-laws John, Guy, Paul and niece Amber...Happy Birthday!


But this post is dedicated to a special birthday boy, my main man and hot hubby, Tary!




He turns 51 today, not nearly as dramatically as last year when he turned the big 5-0. Last year he was feeling it. He was hobbling around on crutches after snapping his accillies tendon, not able to do much, and probably feeling every gray hair and wrinkle catching up to him.


This year, Tary and I celebrated by going to Mesquite for the weekend where Tary played in a softball tournament. They bombed, but that's ok. It got them out of the tournament quicker, leaving us more time to play, which is why we went down there in the first place. Or truth be told, that's the reason why I went down there in the first place. I think half his team had the same idea as I did, as several of them stayed up all night on Friday partying/gambling, and were pretty much worthless on Saturday. But heh, no complaints heard here.



We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the lovely weather and activities that abound in beautiful Mesquite. We left a chunk of change at the....



Bowling alley, where Tary always amazes me with his hook shot. As the ball rolls precariously close to the edge, just when you think it's gonna tip into the gutter, it breaks toward the middle of the pins and gets a strike! He stayed consistent all 3 games and ended up in the 150'ish range each time. I started out ok with a 128, really kicked it into gear with a 168 in my second game, then humility had to teach me a lesson, so I finished with a pathetic 103 in my last game. My arms were tired.



After bowling, we did something naughty. I knew I would regret it later, but we just couldn't resist. We had...



Ice-Cream! And I didn't even get the fat-free kind either. It was so yummy! Mint Chocolate, my favorite, and fun to try and eat while feeding quarters into the...


Air hockey game in the arcade. Tary smoked me, as usual. Although I think I scored half his points for him by ricocheting the puck from my blocker into my goalie.


After bowling and a little ice-cream, we headed for a dark destination where we could snuggle under a blanket and...


watch a movie. Yes, I actually brought a blanket into the theater. They always have the air-conditioners cranked up and I end up freezing and wishing the movie would prematurely end. We went and saw 'Unknown' with Liam Neeson. I loved it. It had a nice little twist at the end, which I expected there would be, but didn't expect it to go that way...Tary didn't even figure it out. You know it's good if he can't solve the plot within the first 10 minutes.


After the movie, we went to the crap table.


I mean the crab table! Casablanca was having their Prime Rib and King Crab legs buffet for only $15/person, so we loaded our plates, again and again, and ate ourselves silly. It was good. Almost worth the 5 hour drive just for dinner.



After dinner, we headed back to our lovely, understated room. We had every intention of taking advantage of the beautiful pool and nice weather. We brought our swimsuits, I even shaved my legs. But when reality hit, I just couldn't bring myself to stuff my 44 year old, crab and beef bloated body into my one-piece granny suit, while all around were the 20'ish ball playin' boys and their teenie-weenie girlfriends and wives with their pre-pregnancy bodies, bouncing around in their even teenier-weenier bikinis. So instead, I made my own hot-tub, in my teenie-weenie bathtub, and had a nice long soak. Sadly for Tary, it was a one-person hot-tub, so he made himself comfortable on the double bed with no bedspread (did I mention the room was only $39, lacking in amenities, like bedspreads) and watched endless amounts of college basketball. It was a good day.


I told Tary next tournament, he needed to join up with the 50 and over league so I could feel like the young hot-thing among all the older women, and happily strut my stuff to the pool. I hate getting old.


Oh wait...I'm not the one getting old, he is! Just one of the advantages of marrying an older man; he makes me feel young, in more ways than one. Love you hun. Happy Birthday!


Birthday wishes to be filled later.

Yep, you guessed it, ice-cream cake. And not the fat-free kind.

3 comments:

Susan said...

So Funny! I kept thinking you were going corrupt! Glad you guys had a good time. Happy birthday old man!

GGMa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad Tary had a happy birthday. Wait until your turning 70 then you can say you are getting OLD. Enjoy the years that you are in. It gets worse weight, no energy ect. Love you

cindy said...

Just wondering if you would know what to do at a crap table? Very funny! Can't wait to celebrate with more food tomorrow. See you then.