Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Today is Tary's 49th Birthday. I think I'm taking it harder than he is, afterall, next year he'll be
50, and I'm having a hard time believing that soon I'll be married to a 50 year old. I know, he just turned 49 and already I'm turning him into a 50 year old, but I figure if I give myself a year to get used to the idea, maybe it won't be such a shock when it finally gets here. In case you didn't already know, he's ALOT older than I am, and it will take me alot longer to get to 50 than it will him, so I'm not worried about me right now, just him...good thing he's never acted his age. He still acts like he's 25 and still tries to do all the things he used to do back in his glory days, doesn't help that he has a 10 year son he has to keep up with. So, in honor of his past youth...

Good-bye to the Tary we all used to know;
his youth is gone now, I'm afraid he's getting old.

Good-bye to the hero in basketball he was;
making 3 pointers at the sound of the buzz.

Now his shooting is shot, his dribbling turned to drabble,
and the only 3 points he scores is in a mean game of scrabble.

Good-bye to wired fences he came to know so well,
his catches were the greatest, but they always hurt like hell.

Yes his softball team just loved him, he never let a fly go bye,
now the only fly he catches is when his shirt and zipper collide.

Good-bye deep river fisherman, now here's a trick he did quite well.
When the guy's next to him caught nothing, he'd pull out 10, 11, even 12.

Now he ice fishes in our freezer while his fishing pole hangs on the wall,
only this time when he reaches way down there, he pulls up Gordons or Mrs. Pauls.

Good-bye big trophy hunter, as the wildlife lets out a sigh;
he could shoot an animal at 500 yards and hit it right between the eye.

Now his hands get a little shaky and the backfire makes it rough;
and that snickering dog only makes things worse, boy this Nintendo game is tough!

Good-bye broken noses, sprained ankles,
dislocated joints and stiches in the head;
he's retiring from the wide world of sports
and settling down with Ben-Gay instead!

All kidding aside, Tary I hope I'm still cheering at your games 25 years from now!
Love ya babe! Happy Birthday...and yeah, you still got it!

2 comments:

Faund Images said...

You are QUITE the poet! Tell Tary Happy Birthday from me... the one clear down here in good ole Wayne County!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Tary. And don't worry too much about him getting old. Like you said, a young wife and young kids will keep him young as well!