Thursday, October 30, 2008

28 more days and counting...




...and I'm not talking about the turkey and mashed potatoes. The hot rolls and 10 different types of pie to choose from. No, I'm counting down to the day my storage room WILL be clean! 21 years worth of stuff has accumulated all in one spot. If ever we didn't have a place for something, it went downstairs in the "junk" room, which is also my food storage room. My goal is to eliminate the junk, and add more food, but in order to do that, I need shelves built for my food, which meant the junk had to go to find room for the shelves. These pictures were actually taken after 3 days spent de-junking, so you can imagine how bad it looked before, but it's getting there. I've set the deadline for Thanksgiving, because traditionally I set up christmas the day after, and I can't get to my christmas boxes under the stairs with all the junk in the way. Besides, I figure that will give me more incentive to get it cleaned out if I tell myself the same thing I tell my kids, "I'm not setting up Christmas until your rooms are clean!"

No comments: