Monday, January 10, 2011

If Doe was a deer, what is Faun?

(Read to the tune of Doe-a-Deer)


Let's start at the very beginning,
a very good place to start;
when conceived you begin with birds and bees
nine months later on the 10th of Jan-u-ary

Faun-bur-day, Faun-bur-day
the first three notes just happen to be
doe-day-mi, doe-day-mi
but today we'll sing it my-ay-way

doe-day-me-faun-fro-hap-pee-
let's see if I can make it easy.
Doe-a-deer, a female deer
day, it follows with the sun;
mi, a name I call myself
Faun, the deer that is so fun.
Fro, a head of frizzy hair,
Hap, occurence or event;
Pee, don't eat the yellow snow
Bur, there's frost inside my tent.

Now children, doe-day-me-faun-fro and so on
are only the tools we use to build a song;
Once you have these notes in your head
you can sing a million different tunes by mixing them up,
like this:

Hap-pee-bur-day-Faun-fro-mi
now you try...
Hap-pee-bur-day-Faun-fro-mi
when you know the notes to sing,
you can sing most anything!
Hap-pee-bur-day-deer-faun,
Hap-pee-bur-day-fro-mi!
I love ya!
Thanks for 44 years of laughter, and 44 more to come!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Love it! What a great song! happy birthday Faun and you both look gorgeous in those pics, no where near 44!

GGma said...

You are so creative and talented I love reading your blog.

Faund Images said...

Bahahahahaha! Thanks for making my day... I needed to laugh!

Rob'n'Mon said...

I miss you! You are too freaking hilarious, my friend! Kudos to you for your creativity. :)