Sunday, January 2, 2011

Out with the old...In with the New!




Out with the old...


In with the New!


(It's just a figure of speech dear)

I hate long good-bye's...I always get too emotional. So this will be short and sweet!
It's been a year with ups and downs, joys and sorrows, good-byes and hello's...and alot of growth. But since I'm a glass mostly full kind of gal, I'm going to focus on the good that's happened this year. Starting with:

January! I start my new position at work. I now work as a Corporate Trainer, and absolutely love what I do! I was terrified of accepting this new position. I felt so under-qualified, but someone saw some potential and gave me a chance, for which I will forever be grateful. It's the best thing that almost didn't happen for me.

February! Hmm, does anything good happen in february? Oh yeah, valentines. I'm sure I must have gotten a little something that was good. Overall, it's just a cold, yucky month. No wonder they make it shorter than all the others.


March! A month for birthdays...Tary turns a half a century...a hope for spring...things are starting to look up.

April! Tary and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary! No, it wasn't on a cruise, or on a beach, it was in a pyramid with mummies! If your thinking Egypt, you would be...wrong. Anniversary Inn, next best thing!

May! If April showers bring May flowers, what does May flowers bring? (no, it's not June moon. I tried that one.) Pilgrims! That's it. I'm sure it was a good month, flowers, pilgrims and all.

June...This month didn't start out so good, and only got worse. Joe's Dad passed away. A great loss, one that is felt by many.



July! Girls camp...scout camp...family camp...and the best part of the month, was Paisley! Oh, how we needed a little sunshine in our lives. Trey turned 12 and received the priesthood, that was pretty special too! And I can't forget my unforgettable night with Paul McCartney...and Tary too.


August! School starts! Kayla back in college, Trey starts Jr. High. Need I say more?


September! Kids still in school! Christmas is right around the corner!




October! General Conference...pumpkins...decorating...fall baking...cool weather...shorter days...sister craft day...Halloween! I love this time of year!

November! Christmas music! (no, it's not too early) Turkey's...new pie recipe's...finishing my christmas quilt that's been 4 years in the making...Thanksgiving...watching Mom pick up the stuffing she dropped on the floor...eating the stuffing she dropped on the floor, (yeah, it's that good!)



December! Transforming my home into a Winter Wonderland...shopping...sister candy day...baking...partying...more baking...giving...Christmas eve with the family...watching my mom knock over the tree...watching my mom try to pick up the tree...(are we sensing a new tradition with my mom on the holidays?)











Overall, it's been a good year. I'm hopeful this new year will be even better.

Happy New Year's everyone!

3 comments:

Susan said...

What a year! Poor mom, she's going to be so embarrassed you put those in there, but boy was it funny! Oh, and you forgot the best thing about February - Me!

Faund Images said...

Great year! Let's make us some amazing memories that will make the list next year!!! YAY! Love you!

OH wait... we did the most fun, most hilarious photo shoot... we'll do it again this next year and make it even more memorable so it will make the list. OK. Done.

GGMa said...

Great year. I hope the next one will be as great. I guess I did help make some memories tipping over the tree and turning the Thanksgiving dressing upside down on the floor. We wont have to do that again.