Monday, April 20, 2009

To the Man...Happy Anniversary!



24 years ago today, Tary and I were married. Hard to believe it's been that long ago, I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was so young and naive, I don't know what Tary was thinking when he wanted to take me on as his partner. I didn't have much to offer back then. I didn't know how to cook much, hated to clean, (I was still a teenager afterall) and thought married life would just be "the date that never ended". Told you I was naive.

So today I would like to pay tribute to the man who has stood by my side all these years. To the man who didn't even yell at me when I dropped a quart of paint on the carpet (I yelled and swore enough for the both of us) To the man who changed my tire at midnight because I mentioned it in passing as we lay in bed that my car was acting funny (i over-inflated the tire and had a blow out) To the man who flinches only briefly when I snuggle my cold feet up to him at night. To the man who wipes away my tears when I cry over sad movies, who paints the kitchen baby-poop green, and the living room puke yellow, and is man enough to admit it doesn't look as bad as he thought. To the man who stands in long lines to register my car at the DMV, and who thinks to check the oil in my car. To the man who uses his strong hands to open the jar of pickles, tightens the leaky faucet, massages my feet when I have cramps. To the man who gave my children their curly hair, their dimpled chins, and whatever athletic ability they might posses. To the man who has encouraged me along the way to become the wife and mother I am today.

To that man, I love and adore, even more today than 24 years ago. Thank you for making all of my girlhood dreams...

reality!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Linda, you married a good man. Thanks Tary for taking such good care of my sister. Love you both...

Jenna said...

Congrats!!!

Mom said...

Hope you had a wonderful time for your anniversary. I think Tary knew what he was getting when he married you. A wonderful wife, mother and homemaker and a talented writer.

Faund Images said...

You are a sweetheart... Tary is a lucky man to have you! Tell him good luck with the BIG GAME hunt for me! Have a wonderful anniversary!