Tuesday, December 1, 2009

C is for...

CANDY!
It's candy day
that yummy tradition,
we invade Wendy's house
and mess up her kitchen.

We dress in our aprons,
(now don't they look cute)
we're ready for action;
a chocolate pursuit.

We stir and slow boil
so carmels don't burn;
with brittle however
we haven't quite learned.

10 pounds of chocolate
you'd think was enough,
but we ran out while dipping,
had to use the cheap stuff.

Chocolates chips don't melt
the way we expect,
and some poor little turtles
have some slight birth defects.

Toffees and truffles,
popcorn and fudge,
chocolates and nut rolls,
my weight shall not budge.

I'll stick to one piece
of candy per day;
at that rate I'll have it
eaten by May.

Unless my family
finds where it's hid,
then I won't have to worry
of pounds to get rid.

C is for calories,
consumed more at this time;
but I say heck, once a year
it's not such a crime.


6 comments:

Susan said...

G is for good times! Thanks for outfitting us so well, we look so professional in our aprons! Thank you so much for my early B-day present!

Faund Images said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN! Wish I knew how to even start to make candy... you talented people you! I didn't see you in YOUR apron.... Better put another picture on!

Faund Images said...

oh... and I loved your poem!

Anthony Simister said...

You are just so darling. You always seem to have sooo much fun. It looks totally delicious! Yum....oh and I know a way to get it consumed before May. :)

Mom said...

That is a great poem. It truly is one of our funnest days. What a great tradition. Thanks for making it so fun with the aprons. It was fun having your two beautiful daughters there also.

Mom said...

Your poem was great. Thanks for making this day so fun with your cute aprons. It truly is one of our best traditions. It was great having your two beautiful daughters join us.