Monday, December 14, 2009

I is for...


INFANT

The baby in a manger lay,
the shepards watched afar;
the wise men from the east did come
while guided by the star.


The night before his birth took place
his voice came to another;
"...on the morrow come I into the world"
He came, our loving brother.

I wonder, did He know that night?
Was the veil of heaven parted?
Did he know right away his path in life,
that His work on earth had started?

Or was this infant born like us
to find His purpose on earth;
did He know as a child his mission,
did He feel of His great worth?

Some answers I might never know,
but of this I know for sure;
that Mary's love for her little babe
was a love like God's, so pure.






1 comment:

Mom said...

This is a great poem. Dad said did she write that. Sure she does all of her rhymes. I love reading them.