Sunday, December 6, 2009

H is for...



HAPPY!

"Happy Holidays" to you
Is the political thing to say;
"Happy Kwanza"..."Happy Hanukah"
However you celebrate the day.

In England they say "Happy Christmas"
I wonder if Dickens is to blame;
But wherever you are, however it's said,
I hope it's a good one just the same!

A "Happy" Day happened 22 years ago,
my first little girl was born;
not in a stable, no manger for her
But a miracle for me to adorn.

And so it continues, this cycle of life
in each little babe sent to earth;
no need to be fearful, no need for tears,
He sends us his miracles through birth.

And each one is special, just like the Christ child
with a purpose to come down and fulfill;
I pray that we'll come to know Him, our Savior
and our lives to reflect of His will.P.S.

My rhythm is off, I know;
my rhyming, a little slow.
I'm functioning half speed,
with cold medicine I need.

I'm drowsy, I'm drippy,
my nose is all red;
all I want to do is
climb back into bed.

But I won't, cuz I can't...
I'm not in habit to complain
just thought an explanation was needed
cuz this post is really lame.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY day!
Chelsea, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Love ya!

4 comments:

Susan said...

So sorry your not feeling well, you have every right to complain. Happy Birthday to Chelsea and You (because it was your happy day first, she didn't know what was going on that birth-day of hers)

Faund Images said...

You feel better! Seems when you get sick, you REALLY get sick! Maybe I'll give you a call... a cheer up call... You're rhyming didn't reflect your sickness, however; it was still better than I could do in a year. Happy birthday to Chelsea too!

Mom said...

loved your comments. Chelseas' Birthday was very special to me as well. She will always be special for being our first grandchild.

Charayne said...

Happy Birthday! Oh and the mom deserves a little credit right??? Hope you feel better. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. :)