Thursday, December 24, 2009

T is for...

TREES!

It's true, I have three;
(I am a Christmas geek)
and just like my kids
their all so unique.
My living room tree
is white head to toe
it sparkles and glistens
with snowflakes aglow.

It's not so traditional,
it's a one of a kind;
but I love that it's different,
my clearance tree find!

It's just like my Chelsea
(who's also very white)
she lights up a room
she's bubbly and bright.

And yes, she is different,
but in a good way,
she's a whole lotta fun
and she still loves play.

My downstairs tree
filled with angels galore,
awaits Santa's arrival
and presents implore.

It's a nice sturdy tree,
(it has yet to fall down)
and it brightens the corner
and sheds light all around.
Much like my Kayla,
my angel on earth,
she's brightened my life
since the day of her birth.

She has a tender heart
and is such a selfless soul,
when she's gone for awhile
it leaves such a hole.

And last but not least,
my fun kitchen tree,
it's just a little thing
but as cute as can be.

It gives me such joy
as I'm preparing the meals,
it makes homemaking easier,
gives my cooking appeal.

My sweet little boy,
whose growing too fast,
is the spice of my life
he makes living a blast.

He's the star on the top,
the presents beneath,
the lights that twinkle,
the holiday wreath.

In short he's the one
that keeps Christmas exciting,
wish he'd always stay young,
Christmas spirit inviting.

But I know though my trees
may be frozen in time,
no chance they'll grow bigger
or diminish their prime.

And all I can wish for
as the years go by,
that grandbabies will come
and new excitement supply.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I totally agree with you. Your trees are wonderful as well as those beautiful kids.