Sunday, December 20, 2009

S is for...



SANTA!

Santa! I know him...
that jolly old elf,
his name brings a smile,
I can't help myself.

My memories are fond
of the night he appeared
with his bag full of toys
and his red suit and beard.

I climbed on his lap,
I jingled his bells,
we sang a few songs
and he stayed for a spell.

He emptied his bag,
we didn't make a fuss,
we stood by in awe,
all those toys just for us!

Now some people say
that the holiday season
should be had without Santa,
for he's not the real reason.

But I'm here to say
that he made an impression
on a four year girl
who now has a mission.

I love to be Santa
and spread cheer of my own;
to give hope to the down-cast
and those all alone.

For I know that our Savior
can't be here to give aid,
that's why He has helpers,
his little Santa brigade.

So don't knock old Santa,
he's the Spirit of Giving;
He brings joy to all ages,
and makes winter worth living!



2 comments:

Charayne said...

That is so true. That is what the true spirit of the season is about, and we are all here to be helpers. Thanks for the poem....so cute!

Mom said...

I love your Santa Poem. You are so creative I know it is going to help you in your life.