Saturday, December 12, 2009

R is for...

RED & RUDOLPH

The Christmas colors, red and green,
are such a pretty pair;
I love to adorn my house with them,
it adds a festive flare.

Rudolph has a nose so red
at night it lights the sky;
When clouds are thick and all looks lost
he leads them when they fly.

Now don't tell the kids, but Rudolphs been shot,
Tary threatens to shoot every year;
He's in our living room, red nose and all,
the poor little skeleton deer.

I'm kidding, you see, we just like to pretend
for how else could I let such a sight
stay in the same room with Christmas galore
if I didn't think he had every right.

He's not been disgraced, his dignity stays,
a little tinsel is not a big crime;
we just used our resources to disguise the truth
the elk is our reindeer part-time.





4 comments:

Susan said...

You made my kids cry! how could Uncle Tary shoot Rudolf?! By the way, I love your quilt!

Susan said...

Linda you made my heart sink! Why? hohoho just joking you made me laugh the crap out of me!!!!!!!!!hohoho merry christmas.
Jaycee

Mom said...

You are so creative. I hope he went down stairs after his photo. Or maybe you should put him out on your front porch.

Faund Images said...

You should have seen the looks we got as we drove home that that elk disguised as a reindeer part-time on the roof of our vehicle! It was pretty funny!
It was wonderful seeing you and your BEAUTIFUL home! Looked and smelled like you were using that new stove well! What a lovely home...