Saturday, November 1, 2008

The best Halloween by FAR!




I usually dread halloween. Every year it's the same routine. Get home from work, try to make a nutritious meal before the kids load up on candy,
clean up dinner, apply scary makeup, find candles
for pumpkins, try to light candles in pumpkins
without burning myself, try to find burn oinment,
try to talk kids into wearing coats under costume
because mom knows best, and yes it's too cold to
go out without a coat. Find camera for pictures,
answer doorbell for children who's mother has her act together, try to remember where I hid the halloween candy . I'm exhausted before I even get out the door. Then for the next 2 hours, walking up and down the streets, freezing my toes and nose and trying hard not to act like a witch, even though I might look like one.
But this halloween was different. This year we joined in the festivities at my sister Wendy's house! It's my other sisters Cindy's birthday on Halloween, and since all my family lives up north, they all get together on this night. We all gathered for pizza dinner, then the cousins had a great time, (especially Trey who usually just has me tagging along) trick-or-treating together while the adults casually strolled behind, eating fresh home-made donuts and pop-corn balls. The weather was so warm, we carried our coats. Then after their bags were filled, we went back to Wendy's for yummy birthday cake and brownies! It was wonderful! I think for now on I'm going to look forward to halloween!
Too bad I don't have my own digital camera (hint hint) or I would have taken pictures of our fun night and posted them. I have to rely on using my daughter Kayla's camera, and she doesn't have many pictures left on her memory, but that's another blog in itself. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am so glad you guys came up! It was so fun having you and Ronalee there this year!

The pictures are great, but why didn't you leave on your costume for our party? I think next year we all should dress up and be a little more festive!